Our plans for 2018/2019
Healthwatch Islington gathers feedback from the local community, then uses it to positively influence the design and delivery of local health and care services. We also provide information and guidance to help people access the services they need. In addition, each year we carry out some special projects. This year these include the following:
- We will put on digital inclusion workshops for older Black and Minority Ethnic residents with long term health conditions, to help them to better access information about their health and care
- We will gather Islington residents' views to inform the upcoming review of Orthopaedic services across North Central London
- We will carry out visits to Moorfields Eye Hospital to review the impact of changes made in response to their last CQC (Care Quality Commission) inspection, and to measure their responsiveness to patients with communication support needs
- We will carry out Enter and View visits to care homes for older people to find out about residents' experiences of life in the homes
- We will set up a mental health working group to input into the borough's St Pancras Estates Strategy, and the mental health day centre specification (the detailed written description of what the new service should look like) and procurement (deciding who will win the contract to provide the service).